Migraine lessened after the second cuppa this morning, so I've been productive after all today. Hooray! And here comes all the posting frenzy I thought was going to happen last week. Random thoughts, observations and to-do items in bullets:
○ I've gotten through two boxes of garage junk today and am now going through all of my millionty pens. Am I the only one who hoards pens? Anyway, I LOVE color. Lots of color. Adult coloring books are my reward for doing a job well (I rewarded myself with some coloring today, in fact) but some of my pens are drying out, so I'm going through them all so I have a little more room in my art pen drawer. I'm still organizing all of our drawers (hubs' drawers are done and I started on mine...next will be the bathroom, then kitchen, then office...which is the room I am dreading) and I'm switching out fall/winter clothes with spring/summer. I did laundry, dishes, swept. I'm a machine! Ha. Maybe not so much of a machine, but I'm productive like a whole human being would be instead of a half-life. It's refreshing.
○ It's pizza for dinner. I'm still in work mode, not cook mode. I'm enjoying a Q Spectacular ginger beer. Even though I don't drink much soda, I always want soda with pizza. This is sweetened with agave and I approve! It is stronger than other ginger beers because they intend it to be a mixer for cocktails, but I like them as they are. They also add chili peppers for an added kick.( Collapse )
○ Pretty sure I'm in a Sjogren's/lupus flare. Again. It's been a tough month so far, so it's a relief that hubs can drive in daylight now.
○ My back is doing better, but still very sore. I'm hoping it's good enough to finish painting the deck this afternoon.
○ Hot flashes. Ugh. I remember being in my twenties and thirties, always cold to the bone, and wondering if I would get hot flashes when I hit perimenopause, and if it would be a good thing. It is not a good thing. I am waking up multiple times at night, and when my face gets really hot, it makes me queasy. Immediately after the hot flash, I feel frozen to the bone all over again. It's been a long while since I have felt comfortable temperature-wise. I'm going to try Black Cohosh to see if it helps.
○ I have had a daily migraine now for about three weeks. Sometimes it goes away, but comes back within a few hours. Sometimes it just sticks around for days. I think my wonky sleep is contributing to all of that. Fortunately, the headaches haven't been intense and severe so much as they have been a nuisance.( Collapse )
Woke up this morning to a migraine and my low back completely out. I'm very slow on everything today. The migraine isn't bad enough to keep me in bed, so I'm doing bite-sized chunks of housework, then I'm doing back stretches but I had to medicate before I could do anything except drink coffee.
I very much miss running. This power walking/speed walking thing is not nearly as much fun, but it's better than nothing. I'm going to walk (slowly) on the treadmill in small chunks today, too. I'm hoping my back is up for a lap (1/4 mile or 400m) at a time. As soon as I'm done with my entry today, I plan to give it a go.
Hubs has a seminar all day today. I'm guessing he'll be wiped out by the time he gets home, so we have a very low-key weekend in store.( Collapse )
○ Writing in bullets again because I'm still tired.
○ This is today's poetry doodle. It's a tanka, which I haven't written much of, so it's been fun to experiment with that form.
○ Puppy boys got all fufu today at the groomer. They are soooooo soft and adorable. I don't know what it is, but Reno looks like a puppy when he gets his summer cuts.
○ Hubs is driving back & forth to work now and it's going fairly well. Not so much with driving after dark yet, so I drove him tonight to meet a friend of his who is in town this week from Texas.
○ Met with my friend Cindy for lunch. It was sooooo good to catch up in person instead of over email or telephone! It was cold on the patio today, but they had a fire pit, so we sat near it. I've missed her this past year, so I'm glad she was free today.
○ Bought an air brush for a painting project & just for artwork in general. We have an air compressor, but it's huge, so I think I'm going to buy a small one on Amazon.
○ My back is still giving me trouble, so I reallyREALLYreally need to get back into a yoga routine. Tonight I'll sit in the massage chair before I go to bed.
twilight zone auras keeping me in limbo
so much out of whack
that I cannot see two inches in front of me
nothing is in place
and blurred, charred and prismatic
a kaleidoscope of daily tasks
that mean nothing
zen out and do things with a purpose
but what is the purpose
of this existential crisis?
Embracing all that is me in this one. I'm still a bit wiped out, so I bid you all a fantastic weekend!! ♥
I already violated some proprietary guidelines for the nail business! Oops. So, I fixed it by editing yesterday's poetry post. Basically, serendipity appeared once again in my life and I started my business that I tied in with poetry & aesthetics with the onset of National Poetry Month, which yes, is indeed the month of April. So, I'm creating a little poem to help introduce the nail colors not only to any potential clients, but also to help me remember them.
So, I learned how to use Canva yesterday (much easier than Word or Adobe for content production on social media) and launched my April poetry odes to color.
Our day began at 7:45 yesterday morning, when we arrived for hubs's eye appointment. It's the biggest lingering symptom he has--the double/wonky vision. We knew he'd be fitted for the prism lens(es) and were both very hopeful that it would help him out to a point he could drive, see the computer without the eye patch, etc. His problem is with his left eye, although he can wear a patch over either eye and can see properly (just can't use both eyes together). So, he has a left-side prism lens on his prescription glasses now. Sadly, it hasn't improved his vision much, if at all. It may be that he needs to adjust to it yet, but this is beginning to look like a permanent condition. It was disappointing.( Collapse )
I did a thing.( Collapse )
My eyes have been declared to be 2/3 healed. Hooray!! I have some lingering infection, and I will still have the autoimmune issues unless I can figure out how to get into remission, and I still have allergies----but they are sooo much better than they were even just 2 weeks ago. Whew. That is a HUGE load off of my mind. I was trying to figure out exactly how we would handle things if I ended up with driving restrictions too. Obviously, all of our shopping would be done online, including pharmacy and groceries (my pharmacy delivers, thankfully, but I don't think hubs's does). The bus comes about 3/4 mile away from our house. I would likely take the bus most places but would double mask. Hubs refuses to take the bus. Our next-door neighbors on both sides have also offered to help and Freighbor Jim was the one who took me to pick up hubs's car when he was in the hospital. I don't want to put them out though. Jim has cataracts--he's in his 70s and his wife had surgery a few months ago and is not bouncing back, so she can't drive either right now and has mobility issues. A couple other friends have offered to do errands for us too, but I think we're managing fine now that my eyes are improving. My daughter also volunteered to come home, and I might have taken her up on it if he had mobility issues like he did the first couple of days. As it is, he's mobile and steady and he can tolerate half days at work. He has to be more mindful of writing everything down, but he's getting business done. His vision is still wonky, and I honestly think that is contributing to his fatigue. I know when my eyes are really bad, I wear out more quickly because I have to strain so much to see. His secretary is awesome. We love her! She and I are having more back-channel conversations than before. We're trying to make sure we put every little detail on his calendar, etc. Since I fill in for her when she needs to be out of the office, we've always considered each other the administrative team. She's the lead since she deals with stuff for both attorneys on a daily basis, but I still continue to be hubs's paralegal for the cases like the one I talked about yesterday with the dust levels on a vehicle. His secretary & I both have access to his calendar, and I told her that I would put his appointments that I schedule on my calendar and send him an invitation (I will also be the one most likely to accept such invitations!!), so we'll be able to easily tell who put what on his calendar. (He has ALWAYS been clueless about internet technology (basically he is clueless about ALL things techie...including his beloved drones, so it is safe to say we are general hobbyists in the droning world now, and the business is definitely dissolved), so he does not maintain his own calendar, except I taught him how to have Siri add things to his calendar via voice command on his phone, but he doesn't know how to remove the entry if it changes or he gave the wrong info. ;o) )( Collapse )