Neither hubs nor I had any complications from the vaccine over the weekend. I mean, we both had a sore arm, but nothing worse. Whew. He had his second dose while I had my first on Saturday.
I am still hella wiped out. It's sunny today and I am probably dipping low on Vitamin D, so I'll take the puppy boys for a walk after lunch and get some natural Vitamin D.
Today is a housework day. I also need to get the drone charged up. We have someone interested in buying it, and he might want a demo. I don't know if we will meet him tonight or on Wednesday--just messaged him to confirm.
Hubs has a magic show for a Boy Scout troop tonight. I plan to go so I can take some pictures.
Have a great week, everyone! (I have guilt monkeys on my shoulders right now as I'm looking out at my disaster of a living room.)
Woke up this morning to a migraine and my low back completely out. I'm very slow on everything today. The migraine isn't bad enough to keep me in bed, so I'm doing bite-sized chunks of housework, then I'm doing back stretches but I had to medicate before I could do anything except drink coffee.
I very much miss running. This power walking/speed walking thing is not nearly as much fun, but it's better than nothing. I'm going to walk (slowly) on the treadmill in small chunks today, too. I'm hoping my back is up for a lap (1/4 mile or 400m) at a time. As soon as I'm done with my entry today, I plan to give it a go.
Hubs has a seminar all day today. I'm guessing he'll be wiped out by the time he gets home, so we have a very low-key weekend in store.
○ Writing in bullets again because I'm still tired.
○ This is today's poetry doodle. It's a tanka, which I haven't written much of, so it's been fun to experiment with that form.
○ Puppy boys got all fufu today at the groomer. They are soooooo soft and adorable. I don't know what it is, but Reno looks like a puppy when he gets his summer cuts.
○ Hubs is driving back & forth to work now and it's going fairly well. Not so much with driving after dark yet, so I drove him tonight to meet a friend of his who is in town this week from Texas.
○ Met with my friend Cindy for lunch. It was sooooo good to catch up in person instead of over email or telephone! It was cold on the patio today, but they had a fire pit, so we sat near it. I've missed her this past year, so I'm glad she was free today.
○ Bought an air brush for a painting project & just for artwork in general. We have an air compressor, but it's huge, so I think I'm going to buy a small one on Amazon.
○ My back is still giving me trouble, so I reallyREALLYreally need to get back into a yoga routine. Tonight I'll sit in the massage chair before I go to bed.
○ Still exhausted, and now with a migraine (it's a weather thing), so updating my blog in bullets.
○ Hubs is finally doing a bit of limited driving, so he drove to work yesterday & today. I'm a nervous wreck because his vision is still a bit wonky, despite the prism lens, but he is adapting and he got the doctor's okay.
○ Been working hard trying to get my business going. This means I've been on the computer for longer stretches and my eyes are handling it mostly okay. No sales yet, but I'm okay with that for now.
○ Speaking of business, my nails are still on fleek! It's been fun trying out the new colors. Next manicure I'm graduating to some decorative nails. Today it is the absolute ONLY thing on fleek. My hair is currently in the messiest messy bun you've ever seen!
○ One of my childhood besties & her husband are home sick with COVID. My absolute bestie has a spot on her lung now, too & will be scheduled for a CAT scan soon. My other bestie friend who was diagnosed with lung cancer gets her care schedule and more information tomorrow. Folks, both of my besties stopped smoking years ago, which makes it even more disheartening.
○ We're going out to eat tonight with friends. I'm medicating now, hoping to kick the migraine since I will have to drive. Tomorrow I'll meet a good writerly friend at an outdoor patio/bar & grille for lunch (it's supposed to stop raining). It'll be nice to catch up.
○ Hubs goes for his second dose of vaccine on Saturday and I'll also be receiving my first dose.
I already violated some proprietary guidelines for the nail business! Oops. So, I fixed it by editing yesterday's poetry post. Basically, serendipity appeared once again in my life and I started my business that I tied in with poetry & aesthetics with the onset of National Poetry Month, which yes, is indeed the month of April. So, I'm creating a little poem to help introduce the nail colors not only to any potential clients, but also to help me remember them.
So, I learned how to use Canva yesterday (much easier than Word or Adobe for content production on social media) and launched my April poetry odes to color.
Our day began at 7:45 yesterday morning, when we arrived for hubs's eye appointment. It's the biggest lingering symptom he has--the double/wonky vision. We knew he'd be fitted for the prism lens(es) and were both very hopeful that it would help him out to a point he could drive, see the computer without the eye patch, etc. His problem is with his left eye, although he can wear a patch over either eye and can see properly (just can't use both eyes together). So, he has a left-side prism lens on his prescription glasses now. Sadly, it hasn't improved his vision much, if at all. It may be that he needs to adjust to it yet, but this is beginning to look like a permanent condition. It was disappointing.
Another reason I feel things are trending to the new normal is stuff like this. I had hoped to walk one charity race per month. I'll need to double up for a couple of months now...I'll do this one on Mother's Day. Need to find one or two for April. ♥